Strategy is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration.
We provide extensive research support using the 5C framework to develop winning competitive strategy. The 5C elements are: Context (market and industry structure), Company, Customer, Competition, and Collaborators. The data is collected primarily from secondary sources, proprietary research, company records and internal sources. The 5C analysis emphasizes analytical rigor and creative interpretation. The method is a blend of convergent, divergent, and practical thinking and application that results in compelling strategic insights and opportunities.
- Macro industry trends
- Market structure
- Economic Trends
- Technology Trends
- Government and Regulatory Framework
- Preliminary review of company's product portfolio
- Company Financials
- Company's current strategy and outlook
- SWOT analysis
- Consumer trends
- Consumer decision making & behavior
- Consumer attitudes, usage and perceptions of company and competitive products
- Analysis of competitive position, vis-à-vis competitive product offerings and successful marketing strategies
- Competitive strengths and weakness
- Competitor market share and growth analysis
- Competitor financials
- Potential collaborators (e.g. marketing channels, industry associations etc.)
- Technology collaborators
- Partners and affilliates
Market Segmentation and Positioning Studies.
A range of mathematical models and techniques are used for segmentation, targeting, and positioning studies using demand variables such as customer needs and benefits, problem solution desired, usage situations, etc. The behavior based segmentation may be done using cross classification, regression, and choice models. These studies are useful in selection and evaluation of target segments and identification of positioning concepts.